Wednesday, August 17, 2022

NIMBYs: An article for Senior Line, the Jewish Seniors Alliance magazine. Summer, 2022

Since the cancellation of the Vancouver Courier for which I wrote a weekly and bi-weekly column for five years, I have not done much writing, other than for work-related projects. However, since joining the Board of the Jewish Seniors Alliance, an organization favoured by my late father, I have written a few columns for 'Senior Line', its excellent magazine.

When its editor, a retired psychotherapist named Dolores Luber asked me to write about my experiences with NIMBYs, I could not say no. My challenge, however, was to condense five decades of experiences into just two pages. More importantly, I wanted to make these experiences relevant and beneficial for the audience. Below is what I had to say. You can find an easier to read version of this article and the rest of this excellent magazine here: 

https://jsalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Senior-Line_Vol292_June2022-Final-Web-1-opt.pdf




No comments: