Saturday, April 13, 2024

What WoodWorks and Lumon have in common


As noted in my previous post, my work with CWC/WoodWorks was the result of an introduction from Norm Couttie, with whom I worked many years ago at Michael Geller & Associates Limited, and who went on to better positions including president of Adera Developments. https://www.linkedin.com/in/norm-couttie-02054543/?originalSubdomain=ca

Norm thought I might be a good person to assist WoodWorks in encouraging municipalities to offer incentives to promote mass timber because of the work I have been doing on behalf of Lumon, a Finnish company that manufactures a retractable glass panel system that makes balconies more functional year-round. https://lumon.com/ca/balcony-glazing/

On behalf of Lumon, I have been meeting with municipal officials and politicians to explain why they should be encouraging the installation or retractable glass systems like those manufactured by Lumon and other companies without any impact on the floor space ratio of a project. So far more than a dozen municipalities have now agreed to this. In fact, only a few, including Vancouver, Richmond, and Surrey are still considering bylaw or regulation changes to help make this happen. 

If you don't know about Lumon's product and why I think it deserves wider application, check out a portion of this video. I say a portion since even though I like the sound of my own voice, it's much too long! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4reMRbmBmg

No comments: