Sunday, March 30, 2014

TESLA

One of the many things that differentiates Tesla is the way it is marketed and presented. None of my previous car purchases were wrapped like this!
I have been interested in electric cars since I started work at SFU in 1999. I wrote about them ten years later when the City was proposing new requirements for charging facilities in parking garages and I found myself in disagreement with the UDI position. http://gellersworldtravel.blogspot.com/2009/07/electric-vehicle-charging-in-multi.html  The next year I visited EXPO2010 in Shanghai and subsequently wrote about electric cars and my lifetime fascination with an odd assortment of cars. http://gellersworldtravel.blogspot.com/2010/06/electric-cars-come-to-china-and-my.html

Last year I read that Tesla was arranging test drives in Vancouver. I booked an appointment one Saturday afternoon and was very impressed with the car. However, it was expensive and I worried whether the company would stay in business. Well it has.

Over the Christmas break we went to Los Angeles and saw a number of Teslas on the road. This reignited my interest and we visited a Tesla showroom in the Newport Beach Fashion Mall. I was sold, and as soon as we returned to Vancouver we visited the interim Tesla showroom/garage at 1712 Powell and ordered a car. I was advised I would take delivery on March 24 at 2pm.

So on Monday Sally and I drove to shop and picked up my new car. While I admit it's an indulgence, unlike many people, I tend to keep my cars a long time. This will only be my fourth car in the last 25 years!  
When we went to pick up the car there were quite a few on the lot waiting to be picked up. But there were none on display at the Vancouver Auto Show. Tesla doesn't do auto shows!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You might like this blog:

www.teslamondo.com

Unknown said...

You might like this blog:

www.teslamondo.com

Unknown said...



شركة تنظيف بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف شقق بالقطيف
شركة نقل اثاث بالقطيف
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالقطيف
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف ستاىر بالقطيف
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف اثاث بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالقطيف
شركة تسليك مجاري بالقطيف
شركة جلي رخام بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف بيارات بالقطيف
شركة رش مبيدات بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف منازل بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف كنب بالقطيف

Unknown said...

Nice content about tesla
Tesla's New Customer Referral Program
tesla roadster referral

Elive Ove said...

Metsolar is a European manufacturer of tailor made solar solutions. Being custom solar panel manufacturers we specialize in design and development of such solar panels, which require a personal touch and unique approach to the specific inquiry. In addition to custom made solar panels we provide personalized power and electrical solutions for various solar project integration.
Maximise Commercial BIPV Project